It didn't snow like I wanted. My wish was to wake up with a blanket of white draped over the landscape.
I wanted the gentle hush of life sounds. Quieted by a snow muffle. The world stops going here and there to stay inside under the protective warmth of their homes.
Those days create the perfect excuse for making a vat of soup and yummy cookies. The house becomes delicious smelling.
I wanted to layer my son in snow gear and send him outside to go snowboarding or sledding. He would come home with red cheeks and a frozen nose.
I would greet him at the door with hot chocolate and a fire in the fireplace. Time would be spent snuggling up in a blanket hearing about his snow adventure for the day.
It's still early in winter, maybe another day I'll get my wish.
No comments:
Post a Comment