Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Put that in your pipe and smoke it...

I took a long weekend this past week. It was wonderful.

I left my place of employment and didn't think about it until the night before my return. Basic thoughts that actually do keep me up at night:
~ Don't forget to change my voicemail
~ New procedure to do, start early
~ Get mail
~ clean up any messes
~ what messes?
~ forget about the messes. Nothing I can do about it now.
~ what's for lunch?
~ maybe I should call out.
~ no, that's lame.
~ what time is it?
~ did I set the alarm? (Gets up to check said alarm)
~ what outfit will I wear?
~ what's the weather going to be?
~ did I set the boy's alarm? (gets up to check his alarm)
~ what messes?
~ I think I have to pee. (gets up to pee)
~ is the front door locked? (goes to check front door before heading back to bed)
~ repeat entire list until 7:00 am.

If you're wondering, yes I am tired when I wake up after a night like that.

I managed to get to work, put out fires, do some good stuff, and clean up a few messes. It was a good day even though it was hotter than Hades in my office. (yes, I still believe I work in Hell, and now the rising temperature is only confirming my suspicions)

Today I found that I had done a slew of stuff completely wrong. I was going to be raked over the coals on this one. I just didn't understand what went wrong.

~ did a little vacation melt my mind?
~ did I not understand?
~ where were my notes?
~ what the Hell?
~ why didn't I remember this was put in place?

Yes, WHY DIDN'T I REMEMBER THIS WAS PUT IN PLACE?

I'll tell you why - because they instituted it while I was on vacation! You heard me. And I sat there, watching someone try to put the screws to me. It was amazing.

Fortunately, a higher up recognized there was no way for me to know about the changes because not only was I NOT there to witness them, nobody told me about them the entire day yesterday.

Ha! Put that in your pipe and smoke it!

I still rule!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You so ROCK !!!!
I just love a stick it in your pipe and smoke it story! That so cool some"higher up" recongized that you weren't at fault! LOL!

Maybe P.Fluffynuts and all the Barbies should have drinks to celebrate !!!LOL !!! HEHEHEHEHEHE!!!

Andrea said...

Lol! You DO rule. :-)

Anonymous said...

Far out! Right on! and all that. I wish for you a happy retirement. Then you can tell your boss where to go and then go wash your own mouth out with soap, or gin & tonic the beverage of your choice. Bizzie (retired) Lizzie