Torn between the right and harsh reality, my thoughts become muddled.
I am loyal to the length of time and memories, but it's harmful to me.
Another request to use my home as a safe haven interrupts my world.
My couch is always available to those in need, but I find her plea unsettling.
It's a request that tests the boundaries of our friendship.
Too much information floods my brain and I wish it never happened.
How do I reject without hurting her? My reasons for saying no are ugly but justified.
The truth will kill her. But, I'm afraid she'll push too hard to get what she wants and I'll crush her.
I'm not who I was when she knew me. I"m not that girl anymore.
She doesn't know me now - only what she wants to believe.
She's a vortex of self-destruction looking for other victims to suck in.
It isn't me. I've moved beyond the tendencies and found another way to live.
My fingers play with the buttons on the phone as I try to figure out how to let her down gently.
Rock and a hard place.
I hang up the phone and hope that tomorrow I've figured it out.
Cutting the cord is easier said than done.
2 comments:
Hi Jenn!
Sounds like a friend is giving you grief... I can relate!
Thanks for the blog visit.
I haven't been posting at you-know-where because I fell like I'm intruding, and I'm not sure if I should even try to join in. Seems like the others are having a conversation, and I don't want to interrupt, y'know?
*hugz* Hope you're doin' OK!
(and not building an ark!)
Uh. I remember that particular moment. When I knew I was going to become another notch on the victim's belt. And I did it anyway.
How's the summer? I see you've been spending some time on a boat.
Post a Comment