She watched me with her drunken eyes. I couldn't tell if she was sneering at me or if she was just too loaded to appear happy.
I had only been in the room 10 minutes and the tension in the atmosphere was already suffocating me.
Her snide comments did not go unnoticed by the intended victim. His retaliation was just as unpleasant.
You caught my eye. No doubt we were coming to the realization at the same time that we were going to witness a lot of ugly today.
After my week from Hell, I'm really in no mood for her games.
I excuse myself and retreat to a quiet room only to find you following me.
We can hear them arguing faintly and then there was silence. He quickly appeared in the doorway looking for us.
He's looking for peace too.
He's not going to find it by staying with her.
And he knows it.
4 comments:
Hiya Jenn sweetie, thanks for that. I hope August will be good for me. On the plus side, it gives me longer to win the lottery and make looking for a job obsolete hahahaha!
Wow, you have moved around. Like I said, I live at the end of the school I used to go to as a youngster and I worked at the hospital I was born at. Wow, get me, I've gone so far hahaha!
Oh dear, getting stuck in ear shot of other people's arguments is never fun is it? I would have taken the grown up option of sticking my fingers in my ears and shouting loudly over and over "I'm not listening, I'm not listening". Gets the point across I find.
Overtime sucks. I'm salaried so when I work extra hours, there's no overtime pay for me. But I also get to slack off once in a while without penalty, so it goes both ways.
Sometimes an entire day of sleep is so totally needed.
I haven't had a breather yet, but I'm hoping for one this weekend. Sleeping all day Saturday sounds like a really good plan. :)
I think the suggestion of sticking your fingers in your ears & yelling "I'm not listening! I'm not listening!" is so right on!!! Maybe it will get the idea across that her behavior is childish & looks stupid. It's a shame that he is in that situation, but it is his problem. Don't let it become your problem. Could be that you will need to keep some distance for a while to protect yourself and your family. The Boy shouldn't have to be exposed to those kinds of arguments invited into his home and sanctuary. Bizzie Lizzie
Ugh. I hope one of them has the courage to end the torture soon.
About Sloth Day, fellow Virgo, I completely understand.
I need to email you. Lots I want to dump on you!
But good... dumping.... Oh Gods, this is sounding awful. Gonna stop digging a deeper hole for myself.
Post a Comment