We walked down the hallway.
A familiar sight from long ago.
I listened to reminiscing but none of it was my own.
Lime green tiles cemented to the walls reminded me of my own high school three thousand miles away.
I stood there waiting. Leaning up against the tall blue lockers. I noticed the fact that I could still be stuffed inside one easily. I shift uncomfortably as my body leans up against the locker.
The ever present cafeteria smell permeates the linoleum clad floors mixing with the faint smell of bleach.
My head begins to swim and my stomach starts to get tight.
I haven't been in a school building for this amount of time since I attended school.
The voices of those around me reverberate off the cold walls. I am once again struck with the feeling I had when I was seventeen.
I just wanted to throw up and I just want to get out.
Ugh.
I hated school.
All of them.
4 comments:
Hiya Jenn, I'm glad that I put a smile on your face. My comedy shrinkage hahahahah!
Wow, you live a long way from your school. My back garden backs onto my primary school field and my comprehensive school is less then 10 mins away. It's like I never left hahaha!
Thanks for the good luck wishes, I'll need it.
xxxx
Just popped in to say hi. :)
Hope everything's going OK with/for you!
3000 miles?
Crikey, you went a bit far away from your home turf.
I've always wondered about how US schools are represented on tv and film because they aren't like that here. It alarms me to discover that they are actually full of cliques, canteens,and locker-shoving - and not just made for TV.
I think you would have found the first school you went to, down here, much more to your suiting.
I wish you had.
xoxo
Hey there. I've been at a training every day for the last week, and consequently, away from my blog.
I commuted an hour each way in horrible traffic, and sat through 8 hours a day of partially interesting but mostly mind numbing lecture about T-SQL. At the end of each day, I had zero brain power left. And I'm not sure the weekend was long enough for a full recovery. I still feel pretty wiped out.
But the show must go on, right?
I hope you've had a good week. What's new?
Post a Comment