I can't even count the days.
Maybe it would be easier if I figured out how many months it's been.
Our last conversation put an end to our regularly irregular calls.
I know she's angry with me.
In her narcissistic head, I'm sure she feels wronged.
She never took the time to consider me or my feelings.
She was all about her needs and never considered what I requested.
Now she's absent.
Not that her silence will make me change my mind.
I have the patience of a saint in this department. And I have been known to hold a grudge indefinitely.
If she wants to toss a friendship to the wayside because I finally stood up to her, then maybe she really isn't the friend I thought she was.
5 comments:
Oh dear Jenn, I hope the boy gets well soon. I think that even without the swine flu, illness is lingering at the mo. I am still snuffly and I know it took FASC a long time to get over her recent cold.
Did I tell you about my mum's dream last week. She must have wanted the loo cos she dreamed that she was crossing the landing then couldn't stop peeing. She said she was shouting me saying "I'm peeing everywhere" and I was calling her a dirty scrubber or some suchlike hahahaha!
As for changing time. I think here is pretty crappy so I'd be willing to risk a change. Scary yeah but can it be so much worse than it is now?
And, if your friend doesn't get in touch then it's her loss. She'll realise that soon enough unless she's that thick.
Florida is my den of sin.
I shouldn't be allowed in the state.
But that said, I had too much fun and caused much harmless mischief.
Has this friend tried the silent treatment often?
I lost a girlfriend I thought was really close and I don't even know what I did to cause it. She also turned another friend against me. With everything else going on at that time I didn't have the emotional energy to find out why. I just tell myself that it was her loss. Unfortunately life is like that sometimes. People that you count on let you down, and friends you trusted turn on you. Just have to move on. Bizzie Me
The boy is on Tamiflu and it sure has made a difference. He was really ill on Tuesday, and now he's much better. I'll probably send him to school tomorrow, if even to get any work he's missed so he can complete it over the weekend.
Aren't dreams funny? Sometimes they're telling you what's on your mind and other times they're telling you that you're nuts.
I don't want to go back in time to fix things because I know there are certain things I'd have to experience again to make me who I am today, and once was quite enough for me.
I've known my friend since we were 12. She imposes on me all the time and I've always given in. This was the first time that I said, "no" to her and she's walked away. Oh well. What can I do about it? Give in? Not an option.
So I'll let her sulk for however long she needs to sulk. Not my problem anymore.
Hiya Jenn. I'm so glad the Tamiflu is working. When all this swine flu started here, there were reports about what Tamiflu did on the news and they were saying that it only made the symptoms last one day less. I couldn't see what the fuss was about, why everyone wanted it if it only made you feel better one day early. Surely it must do more than that, look at your boy.
It is an absolute shame that the first time you tell her no, she walks away. I'm sure she'll come back. Could be the best thing to let her know you won't let her walk over you.
Post a Comment