Monday, October 19, 2009

Pillow Talk...

They are the keepers of my dreams.

As I lay my head down for the night, I push and pull my ancient, down-filled dream clouds to a comfortable pile.

The white pillow cases present a blank canvas for me. Patterns on the cases, for some reason, make me uncomfortable. It's as if their pictures try to raid and take over my thoughts. I need calm.

I know. I'm odd in my sleeping habits.

Pillows are just so personal for me. I've had mine since I was a child and I don't share.

They've absorbed muffled giggles from sleepovers, tears from a broken heart, and even cradled my aching head during illness.

They hold part of the essence that is me. My dreams and nightmares.

I cannot comfortably use somebody else's pillows either. It's too personal.

What, if by osmosis, my dreams are affected by somebody else's essence?

Or, if I happen to leave behind a little bit of me? Would that make a difference?

Does it even matter?

I fluff my pillows and flop my head down on them. My left arm hooked around one and my head slowly sinks into the other.

The comfortable smell of home fills my senses and I find my eyelids becoming heavy with sleep.

I drift off quickly. Ready for the dreams to take me on an adventure that only I can conjure.

3 comments:

MissTottenham said...

Hiya Jenn. Oh that's great for you isn't it? Waiting to see if anyone develops swine flu.

I hope you are all OK. They are starting the swine flu jabs here this week. Have you got them over there yet?


Oooooo never thought about that, what if using someone elses's pillow brings you their dreams. I had a bad one about Dad being alive last night. I would gladly have swapped that with someone elses.

xxxx

farawaysoclose said...

hi Jenn!

and hi little miss T above!!

ps - I swiped the ♥ from you!

my effing pleasure!

i am jealous of people that fall asleep so readily... insomnia sucks! i loved your post though Jenn.

I hope you are all OK. They are starting the swine flu jabs here this week. Have you got them over there yet?

hey miss T, i think only Britain and France have got their arses in gear for that one! *pats on the back* for us (and the frogs)! but how readily available will they be?

byeee Jenn.

Jennicula said...

So far, he only feels crappy and nothing has hit full-blown yet, so I'm thinking that he doesn't have Swine flu, but just the regular old hum-drum flu.

In my area, they had a number of places that had the nasal innoculations for Swine and then the regular jab for the seasonal flu. Only those at risk and health care workers were allowed to get them first.

I had a dream the other night that Jessica Simpson was my sister and we lived in a tree house. The real problem was that she got the car stuck in our tree and I didn't know how to get it off the roof of the tree house. The funny part was that I had that feeling that she had done it before and I had to fix it again. :) My dreams are pretty much bizaare and busy.

FASC - ♥♥♥♥♥♥. I don't usually have an easy time falling asleep, but I can fall back to sleep fairly easily. I guess I'm afraid I might miss something should I close my eyes. Always the busy-body - that's me.