I've been thinking about zombies lately. I'm not sure why because they scare the bejesus out of me.
Maybe it's because zombies in today's movies are quick, smart, deranged, dirty, and will get you.
Of all the movies monsters I find them most disturbing. They give me nightmares. Maybe it's how you get the "virus" that scares me. I don't like being bitten. My kid bit me once. He didn't even break the skin and it hurt like a mother.
Maybe it's because once you've been infected, you become a human animal. No longer do you care about your life, loved ones, car, job, pet. You don't care about anything. You completely let go. All you want to do is feed. You become destructive and dangerous.
Maybe it's allusion of the breakdown of society when zombie shit goes down. Every man/woman for themselves. You would throw your neighbor in front of a speeding zombie to save yourself. I know I would.
Then there's the real question - if your loved one - husband, wife, or child became a zombie would you be able to kill them? Could you be merciful and put them out of their misery? Knowing that this is not a good life for them? I don't know if I could do that. I'd probably be gnoshed on by my family members because I couldn't take them out.
I wouldn't want to be a zombie. But, what if I became a zombie and loved it? No, that would never happen because I don't like touching other people and I don't like them touching me. I also don't like being dirty and I'm too much of a control freak. I would suck at being a zombie. I'd probably be a real whiner about it.
Ah, pondering deep zombie thoughts on a Sunday night. Maybe I should stop watching those kind of movies and try something different - like psychological thrillers.
ps - I think I could take out some of my family members. And, part of me seems to feel that they don't even need to be zombies.
43%
4 comments:
hose beast is #1
eat that trollop,
*dances around*
whoop whoop
*shimmy shimmy shake shake*
drop it like it's hot
missy, i do not like zombies, the scare me a wee bit. you will have to come and protoct me if i have nightmare after reading this, so will quietly pass this one and await your next masterpiece.
oh, it looks like you have a hose beast in your blog. i have to say, the hose beast is looking mighty fine, dont you think ;)
peace out, jen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
See, I've kinda always wanted to be a zombie or a vampire. There's something about that instinctual lust for feeding combined with a lack of empathy or compassion that appeals to me. Maybe because I feel so weighed down by responsibility all the time.
When I started playing WoW, my first (and still my main) character was undead. Occasionally I fantasize about being undead and destroying some of my coworkers in a blind feeding frenzy.
But you're right about being bitten. As much as I like the idea of being a zombie, the process of becoming a zombie really freaks me out. I don't want to be chased down by a mob and get bitten.
In some of the movies I've seen, you're lucky if all you get is a bite that turns you. Most of the time, the zombie mob eats you alive. I'm not so excited about that part.
You might enjoy this silly quiz:
What are your chances of surviving a zombie apocalypse?
http://www.justsayhi.com/bb/zombie
Andrea, I loved the quiz. I think I might become zombie lunch though.
I, too, love vampires. There's something almost romantic or erotic about them. And, they remain intelligent - almost snobby - when they become one. They are basically viewed as tortured beautiful souls and that is appealing too.
For the longest time I had on my profile "when other little girls were pretending to be princesses, I really wanted to be a vampire." It's true. I like the dark side.
Post a Comment