Friday, May 30, 2008

Turn on, tune in, drop out...

The headphones are put on and I slip easily into a musical envelope. Harsh words and ignorance are deflected by the notes protecting my ears.

My back is turned to them. I see no evil.

I've tuned out the little digs at my person. I hear no evil.

I sing along to much happier messages. I speak no evil.

I count the days until I am no longer within earshot of negativity. I count the days until they're put in their place. I count the days.

My spirit is lightened. I've shucked the heavy cloud that has been lingering over my thoughts. It's amazing what a little music can do for your soul.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am glad you could escape the negativity!!!
I need to try that...its been a rough day here in my neck of the woods. I am escaping the negativity around here with a trip to the movies and lunch with a friend tomorrow. I wish you were here to go with us.
I love you !!!
Have a good weekend !

Anonymous said...

Maybe you could find out what type of music they dislike the most and play it so they could hear it. Also - make sure you give them something to talk about. See how long it takes for them to fall into the trap. I used to do that - wearing white after Labor Day, etc. It was fun to set them up. Bizzie L