Every now and then, I like to ask myself "if" questions. They make me think. Some days I like easy questions and some days I like the ones that really rattle around in my brain. Today I ask:
If you were a color, what color would you be and why?
My answer?
I would be periwinkle. It's not blue and it's not pink. It's not even purple. It's periwinkle. It reminds me of the quiet of early morning (when I actually witness one) before the hustle and bustle of the day begins or the surrender of the day into evening. It represents quiet and calm.
Periwinkle also reflects change for me. It's a blending of several colors. All of which are appealing to me. If it were a mood, I think it is generally cheery with a hint of melancholy. Yes, that's me.
Hello I'm Periwinkle and I'll be your color for the evening.
3 comments:
Hmmm... I'm gonna have to think about this one and get back to you. I know what colors are my favorite, but are those the same colors I would choose to be?
I'm glad you had a good mother's day!
And I like your new color scheme. ^_^
i find it odd that anyone would want to be me.
thanks, your description is very flattering.
have we met before?
i believe i would remember you.
Gray.
Boring to many, but not to me.
Gray is somewhere between black and white, a combination of light and shadow, a balance (or sometimes an imbalance) of two extremes.
It reflects the way I think about people and situations - no person is inherently good or evil; it's the choices we make that put us at one end of the spectrum or the other.
It also reflects my love for the Pacific Northwest, an environment dominated by gray during much of the year. Gray clouds, gray rain, gray water, gray mist. It feels cool and clean and smells slightly of ocean salt. I love it.
My favorite time of day is the gray dusk, just after the sun has gone down, but before it's completely dark; the transition between day and night.
Gray is comforting to me.
If you're curious, green and purple are the other two colors I was considering, especially green. Green is comforting to me like gray is, for a lot of the same reasons. Although I think green is a color I enjoy having around me, while gray is a color I actually feel inside.
Post a Comment