Their words circle around me like vultures honing in on carion.
As the circle comes closer to me, I can't help but feel the nips at my psyche.
This time it doesn't hurt. I'm not saying it's a comfortable feeling, because it's not. It just doesn't hurt. I am aware that they circle me and are waiting to see the pain flicker in my eyes. They won't find it anymore.
I guess that if I gave a shit, their words would hurt, but I don't care anymore. I let it go.
Just loud enough for me to hear yet soft enough for me to miss the good stuff. At least I truly know where I stand with them.
I'm a threat.
I've done nothing to them. I rarely speak to them because I know my words may come back to bite me in some distorted version.
Maybe they have PMS.
Maybe they're just nasty bitches.
I don't care anymore.
ps - yes, it bothers me.
7 comments:
Please don't do that to me again. I won't bore you with endless praise of your writing. Know that I read it and that says a lot. I won't tell you to ignore them. I'm no hypocrite. I won't claim to understand what happened. I was absent when you could have used a hand. I regret that but that's all I regret.
In a way I wish I'd seen what happened, but in a way I'm glad I didn't. I'm just sorry that things turned out the way they did.
But today's a new day, right?
I'm glad you're back. :)
Hello Jen,
It has been a while. I just thought I would pay you a visit. I am not sure what has happened but I keep hearing that their is something wrong.
I wanted to make sure you were alright.
Jennicula,
I was very glad to see your blog back again, and I am sorry that the nasty anons targeted you. It seems like they are vultures in the truest sense, attacking the wounded, hoping to hit a weak spot. I thought you were very brave for saying what you did, and couldn't believe the lack of caring of some.
Having been the target myself of those type of attacks, I know how you feel. But try not to let them get to you, you are better than that. The offer of e-mail stands anytime, and I hope to see you at Mayo's soon. You belong there, the vultures don't. Remember that.
Love,
L.
Jen,
I don't know what happened but I'm sorry that it did. I won't offer platitudes; they amount to nothing.
Keep strong.
Jen and your azz!
I just wanted to come by and say that, again, I'm really sorry. It's so hard to just let loose and let things flow, and then when you do and get made fun of or, basically, pummeled back to the ground, it makes for an odd situation.
Do I do that ever again?
Was that okay for me to say?
What will people think?
I'm never doing that again.
I just want you to know that I admire the things you've pulled yourself through. It takes a lot of guts, and you should never be ashamed or second-guess any of that.
See you around. :)
*HUGZ*
In the most polite sense possible, fuck 'em. You have a lot of friends here, who know you & love you, and that's what matters. They're SO not worth it, babe. ♥♥♥
Post a Comment