I am nervous, but I'm not really sure why.
A blast from the past dialed my number and found me speechless on the other end. An impromptu meeting with short notice at my house has me frantic.
I am nervous. The thought runs through my head again like a broken record.
It's been 12 years since we last met. We were close at one time. When we were teens we shared our secrets and lies. Her stories always shocked and amazed me. She was the one in our group that I envied. The boys wanted her and I wanted to be her.
I am worried.
How have I changed since our last get-together? How has she changed? Did she change?
Why can't I just let it flow?
2 comments:
just go for it Jenn!
time passes and people change. the things you envied about her have probably changed. everyone grows and moves on. she obviously wants to see you. maybe she was always, deep down, envious of you? the world is very strange like that sometimes. the insecurities we have, we never expected to see in the ones we admired, even if in hindsight we admired them maybe a little foolisly. i hope you are pleasantly surprised. it's nerve wracking and worrying but sometimes those nervous dreaded re connections turn out to be alot more fun than the ones you think will be easy!
take care and good luck. i can so relate!
I think FASC said it very well.
It's natural to be nervous about meeting someone you haven't seen in a long time, especially if it's someone you once envied. But FASC is right, she obviously wanted to make contact with you, right? Maybe you'll make a new (renewed) connection.
Let us know how it went, okay?
Post a Comment