The low rumble of the thunder chases me out of the yard and back into the safety of my home.
I close the door to protect me from the violence that the sky is hinting at.
The thunder is far enough away that each time it roars, it is not the sharp crack and deafening sound. It's more like the sound of someone bowling from up above.
With each moment the sound gets louder. My entire house shakes from the rolling rumble.
I can feel the temperature drop as the stifling heat wave is pushed aside and a cold front moves in.
The winds starts to blow the leaves of the trees over - an indication that much needed rain is on it's way.
CRACK!
It has arrived. Batten down the hatches. This storm is going to be a doozy.
1 comment:
Mmm... I love a good thunder storm. :)
I hope you had a nice Labor Day weekend.
Post a Comment