Saturday, September 13, 2008

Fluff n' Stuff...

I could watch clouds float by all day long.

I am mesmerized by the way they drift and fold upon themselves towards one another shifting shapes all the while. Some days they appear whipped cream looking, but today their texture hints and sheared wool.

Today they are the whitest of white against the blue skies. My parents call this a "high sierra day." A reminder of days long gone and extreme camping.

The clouds drift slowly above me and I can appreciate the beauty of each and every one as if it were a parade from the heavens and the clouds were floats for my own amusement. Their shadows play along the lines of the hills and roads. The air cools when I'm under the shadow but when it passes the sun, I am once again in the warm sunlight.

They pull and swirl up there so far away. I don't bother trying to see faces or animals shapes hidden in the fluff. I just like to watch the changing view above me.

I only see their enormity and realize how small I am in this big world.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am seriously, like, so angry at you.

I have worked for years at trying to master the short essay, little bites of commentary on my observations of the world around me that end with a quick jab to the heart and mind.

And you just do it naturally.

Simply being succinct and to the point in general is difficult for me.

I poke my tongue out at you.

Do you have a temperate sort of fall where you live? Here, I love autumn but it is proving to be a very soggy autumn. Anyway. Enough polluting this beautiful post.

I hope this week provides other snippets of inspiration. Thank you for existing!