Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Binged and purged...

I felt the urge to purge. My life had become cluttered with shit I didn't need.

My closet was dumped out on the floor in front of me. How did I amass so much crap?

I made my "keeper" pile and a "toss" pile.

Why did I keep shoes whose soles were falling apart? Because I've walked through a rainbow of emotions in them.

Do I need to keep them? Probably not. They're truly unwearable now. They've served their purpose.

Little mementoes are tucked behind piles of shoes. What was that folded paper bag for? I don't remember.

I slowly go through the clothes and pull out the items I'll either never fit in to again or would never wear again. Because lavender pedal pushers aren't me any more. As if they ever were.

I de-clutter my closet and realized that I've been doing the same with my life.

I'm cutting out all the bullshit that has weighed me down. I've let go of the friends who no longer play well with others. I've shucked the bad outfits that no longer represent who I am.

I've cleaned up my life.

Now I'm ready to start collecting the new and wonderful.

I think I'm going to start with a new pair of shoes.

2 comments:

MissTottenham said...

Love this post Jenn. We should all do a bit of this.


LOL Jenn, Cigs or violence eh?

Yeah, maybe stick to the cigs as they won't get you arrested hahaha!


I've had a happy new year so far, I hope you have. So far it has consisted of one thing SNOW!!!!!!

Lots of it.

Welsh anon said...

"Because I've walked through a rainbow of emotions in them."
I love this sentence Jenn.


You have such a wonderful way with words.

Oh and I bet you looked amazing in those lavender pedal pushers!