Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Head over heels...


As I climbed the bluff, I could see the ocean stretched out below me to the left. Wild flowers peppered the golden sea of grass which framed the skinny path I was walking on.

I was aware that this trail was made by my feet and that I was completely at ease and familiar with it. The wind blew my hair into a tangled mess and my long skirt whipped around me.

The mid-day sun shone overhead and I could feel the warmth on my face. I looked up to the sun and smiled. As if I were at peace with my nature walk.

As I climbed higher and higher, I could see where the land leveled off and there was a flat spot where I could sit and let the ocean breeze lick my skin.

Right before the path ended, I purposely stepped off the edge into the vast space of nothing.

I could feel my body twist and my stomach lurch. My arms went up to try and grasp something but all I could do was grab air. I was free falling.

That’s when I woke up.

2 comments:

MissTottenham said...

Beautful picture Jenn. I'm glad you didn't really fall. You really should take more notice of where you place your feet sweetie^_^

LOL Jenn, I shall defo let you know my ratio of stopping underwear and cowboy boot wearing bad drivers.

Not sure about what goes on on the "cops" show, but it sounds like fun. I'll defo provide pics if it's anything like that hahahah!

Anonymous said...

I never know whether I like those sorts of dreams or not.

Hope your weekend is fab.

I suck at words right now.