Saturday, October 18, 2008

It's all Greek to me....

I inhale deeply and glance at the scrolling pictures before me.

Yes, they are beautiful. Yes, it is interesting - to him. Yes, my head is starting to not pay attention to the constant blathering next to me.

I feel like I'm back in college with a lecturing professor talking at me about a subject I'm not interested in.

My mind wanders.

I look across the table and see you smile and roll your eyes.

My giggle is quickly muffled. Funny how we think the same thing.

A pompous windbag unaware that we are not impressed with his never ending show.

I can only acknowledge that his lecture is more interesting after a few martinis are under our belts.

It is sad that he feels the need to try and impress us with his skewed knowledge, unaware we are sleeping with our eyes open.

He should just let the silence between friends suffice.

No comments: