As a child I loved Halloween. It was my favorite holiday. It wasn't because of the candy - although I do like candy.
I loved it because it was the one day of the year you could be somebody else and people didn't look at you funny when you were dressed like a pirate or a princess. You were allowed to growl at people or you could be silly.
I never went for the scary or gory costumes. Maybe I wasn't allowed to dress that way. I don't remember.
What I do remember was putting on the make-up or mask and enjoying the anoniminity it brought me.
It was as if my hidden mask was allowed to be replaced by a real one - with sparkles.
I still feel that way.
3 comments:
I feel the same way. :)
Halloween is my favorite holiday as well.
As if that's a surprise.
I hope this Halloween goes splendidly for you!
Thank you for your comments, as always.
Lol, a car pool! That's genius!
Sadly, I probably won't dress up. At most, I might put on some sad looking gothy make-up and claim to be undead.
I worked really late last night, and might be working late again today. I'm so wiped out. By the time I get home, I may not feel like doing anything or going anywhere. It's disappointing, because Halloween is one of my favorite times of year. It's pagan new year's eve! ... and I feel like a big party pooper because I'm just too tired to care. :(
But your costume sounds awesome - I hope you have a great holiday, and a great weekend!
Post a Comment