In vain I try to squeeze the last drops of summer onto my skin.
There won't be many more days like this were I get to laze in the sun and read a book.
Perhaps even next week I'll wind up putting away the lounge chairs and side tables. I put them into hibernation as summer drifts into Autumn.
I'm not ready this year.
While my summers are really busy, they are also the times when I can really relax.
The sun and beach soothe my soul. The white nose of the ocean's roar blocks out my frazzled thoughts.
Once fall begins, I will resort to the pops and crackles of the fireplace I will lay next to. Providing a scene I can slip easily in to. Another comfort zone in a safe haven.
Until then I hold on to summer with both hands knowing it will break free of my grasp all too soon.
3 comments:
Just stopping by to say hello.
Hello
Hey Jennicula,
How are you? I love summer best, and love, love, LOVE the beach. J. and I went to Hilton Head Island last year on vacation, but this year we did the concert rounds. HHI is such a beautiful place, and not too expensive in the off season. We usually go right before the summer season hits.
Why do we put up with the anon crap at Mayo's? I think somedays it's a matter of "You're not going to get the best of me" mentality. We don't like the idea of being run off by a faceless comment. It does get to you, believe me, and we have our share of falling apart crying, but ultimatly, we jump back in the fire feet first. Plus we do like Mayo and SS, and so many there, and hope that we have helped in some small way. We get a lot of e-mails thanking us for this or that, and it really helps to think we might have made a difference in someone's life. I think that is what we are here for (this world) anyway.
One of my favorite quotes, from John Wesley-
"Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, as long as ever you can."
Have a good day, and take care!
L.
P.S. I loved the Lizzie Bordon costume description. One year I took my 11 month old nephew trick or treating and I dressed him in a dragon costume, complete with wings and hood, and I was a witch in black velvet and boots. I, uh, I mean HE, got tons of candy that year.
(Hey, he was only 11 months, he couldn't eat it, right? ^_~)
Happy Friday!
I love the warmth of summer. I will miss the sound of crickets at night, camping without freezing, and sitting on a sandy beach basking in the sunglow. But I'm usually ready for cool autumn weather by the end of September. Autumn is my favorite season, and October is my favorite month. I get very excited to see Orion rising during the wee hours at this time of year. And of course, ski season is right around the corner. :)
I hope you have a good relaxing weekend!
Andrea
Post a Comment