The last leg of summer is upon us. The days slowly become shorter and the nights are getting cooler.
My love affair with the sun and water is almost over as we head into my favorite season of all time - Fall.
Every year I feel as if I'm cheating on summer when I get excited about Autumn being just around the corner. there are times when I love each season equally and wish for the best of both worlds. Heat and sun during the day but cool nights for sleeping well. Earthy smells and the colors of all draped on the landscape.
Too soon I will kiss summer good-bye and welcome fall with open arms, but until then I will continue to paint my toenails, drink fruity drinks, and daydream in the sun.
4 comments:
Hey Jennicula, I haven't talked to you in forever. I always liked this John Mayer line to describe the change in seasons:
When Autumn comes, it doesn't ask
It just walks in where it left you last
You never know when it starts
Until there's fog inside the glass around your summer heart
Heya Jenn. Glad you had a decent weekend. Did you do anything particularly fun or interesting?
My weekend was... well... I spent almost the whole thing with the pharmacist. I won $250 at the casino, I saw a movie, I knocked down some old beer cans with a .357, I had yummy brunch (with bacon), I laughed a lot and got lots of snuggle time. So it was mostly pretty good. But it brought some things to light that I'm not sure I'm prepared to deal with, which resulted in my last blog post. It's gonna take some more time to sort it out. I think I might scrap that whole post and cut it down to a couple paragraphs, because there's really only one important question right now that supercedes all the others.
Anyway... enough about that.
My circuit training class starts again today. I'm excited, but not looking forward to being sore afterwards!
I hope your Monday is going as well as any Monday can go!
I love Fall. I remember as kid making leaf piles and running and jumping around in them. I love the smell of the crisp, cool air. The crunching of the leaves beneath my feet.. it's all just so serene to me.
Psst.. Jenni.
You ARE Unbelievable.
Keep on kickin' ass and takin' names.
-A
Post a Comment